Grilled Turkey and Brie Quesadillas with Avocado-Red Onion Relish Recipe
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons Gulden's® Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 3 ripe avocados, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 2/3 tablespoons olive oil
- PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless turkey breast tenderloins, rinsed and patted dry
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces brie cheese, cut into 16 pieces
step 1: In a medium mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, horseradish, mustard, ancho chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before using.
step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, combine avocado, diced onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
step 3: Add tenderloins, toss to coat and refrigerate 30-60 minutes, stirring frequently.
step 4: Meanwhile, prepare outdoor grill for cooking over medium direct heat. Coat grill with cooking spray. When grill is ready, remove tenderloins from marinade, discarding marinade. Place tenderloins on grill rack, cover grill and cook 15 to 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center. (170 degrees), turning once or twice.
step 5: Place tenderloins on a cutting surface and allow to stand 10 minutes. Cut into 32 slices.
step 6: Heat grill to medium-high heat.
step 7: Place 8 of the tortillas on a clean work surface. Divide the brie and onion slices among the 8 tortillas. Top each tortilla with 4 slices of turkey. Stack to make four 2-layer quesadillas and top with the remaining tortillas. Brush the top tortilla with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and place oil-side down on grill. Grill until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Brush the top of the quesadillas with oil and carefully turn over. Cook until cheese melts and bottom is golden brown.
step 8: Place quesadillas on a clean work surface and cut into quarters. Top each quarter with a tablespoon of the relish. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.