Guisado de Cerdo Recipe
- 1 pound dry garbanzo beans
- 1 pig's tail, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 pig's ears, chopped
- 1 pound chorizo, sliced into chunks
- ½ pound pork shoulder, cubed
- 6 ounces pancetta bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Place garbanzo beans in a large container and fill with water to cover. Let soak overnight.
step 2: Drain beans and place soaked beans in a large stock pot. Add the pig's tail, pig's ears, pig's shoulder, chorizo, pancetta, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bell pepper, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
step 3: Fill pot with water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until beans are tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Skim fat from liquid's surface, as needed and serve!