Gumdrop Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gumdrops, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour for coating
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan. Set aside.
step 2: In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
step 3: In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and fold into creamed mixture alternately with water. Coat raisins and gumdrops with flour. Stir flavorings, gumdrops and raisins into creamed mixture.
step 4: Mix well and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.