Halibut Florentine Recipe
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and milk until melted and well blended. Mix in the flour and water, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
step 3: Layer the spinach in the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange the halibut steaks over the spinach, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the cheese sauce mixture over the halibut.
step 4: Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.