Halibut Steaks Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove chopped fresh garlic
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 6 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic and zucchini. Cover, and cook stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
step 3: Place halibut steaks into a shallow baking dish, and top with the sauteed vegetables. Season with basil, salt and pepper.
step 4: Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove the dish, and cover the fillets with a layer of sliced tomato. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.