Halibut Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound halibut, cooked and flaked
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
step 1: In a large pot of salted water boil egg noodles until al dente. Drain well.
step 2: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat saute butter, onion, and garlic until onions are soft. Add flour and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes.
step 3: Add mushroom soup to saucepan, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
step 4: Add cooked halibut and stir in sour cream. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over egg noodles, sprinkle parsley on top. Serve hot.