Ham 'n' Noodle Hot Dish Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
step 1: In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and salt until cheese is melted. Add the ham, noodles and peas. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
step 2: Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over casserole.
step 3: Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.