Ham and Bean Soup I Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped, with leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
step 1: Boil sausage to remove excess fat, and cut into bite-size pieces.
step 2: Skin ham hocks, and remove excess fat. In a large pot, brown sausage and ham hocks over medium heat. Drain off excess fat.
step 3: Add potatoes, celery, parsley, beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt, pepper, chili sauce, bay leaves, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce to the meat; add just enough water to cover. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover, and continue to cook for 2-3 hours.
step 4: Remove ham hocks and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Return meat to pot. Serve.