Ham and Pineapple Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup couscous
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and garlic powder to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together couscous, ham, pineapple, onion and drained peas
step 3: In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, lemon juice, Dijon-style mustard and vegetable oil. Pour dressing over the salad and stir to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.