Ham with Apricot Glaze and Apricot Garnish Recipe
- 1 (5 pound) can fully cooked ham, rinsed
- 2 (16 ounce) cans apricot halves in light syrup
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Fresh chicory or other curly greens, for garnish
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Score the top of the ham into diamonds. Drain the apricots, reserving 1/2 cup of the syrup. Stir the ground cloves and mustard into the reserved syrup.
step 2: Brush the top of the ham with some of the syrup and stud the diamonds with the whole cloves. Place ham in a baking pan and bake, brushing once or twice with the glaze, for 50 to 60 minutes until golden and heated throughout.
step 3: Serve the ham on a bed of greens garnished with the apricots.