Happy Mountain Recipe
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
step 1: Place rice and water into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Set aside.
step 2: Meanwhile, place the chicken breasts into a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the water, reserving liquid, and shred.
step 3: Return the shredded chicken to the saucepan, and stir in soup. Stir in about 1 cup of the reserved water, or until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Simmer for 15 minutes.
step 4: To serve, place one cup of cooked rice onto a plate, spoon some of the chicken mixture over it, then top with small amounts of Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions, pineapple chunks, coconut and chow mein noodles until you have a happy mountain. Now grab a fork and ENJOY!