Harold's Salad Recipe
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 10 black olives
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
- 16 ounces oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine the bacon, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, olives, mushrooms and pimento. Stir to mix.
step 3: Whisk together the salad dressing, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad, toss, and refrigerate until chilled.