Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 skinless, boneless, small chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup light prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 whole grain or whole wheat sandwich rolls
- DOLE Red or Green Bell Pepper, sliced in rings
step 1: Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
step 2: Combine reserved juice, oregano and garlic powder in medium bowl. Pour 1/4 cup into shallow non-metallic dish. Add chicken breasts to dish; turn to coat both sides with marinade. Cover; marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
step 3: Add pineapple slices to bowl; turn to coat both sides.
step 4: Grill or broil chicken, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, 8 minutes turn over, add pineapple slices to grill continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and pineapple is golden brown. Discard any remaining marinade.
step 5: Combine dressing and red pepper. Spread on bottom halves of rolls. Top with chicken, bell pepper rings, pineapple slices and top halves of rolls.