Hawaiian Shrimp Recipe
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1/2 pound bacon slices, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
step 1: Preheat grill for high heat.
step 2: Thread shrimp, pineapple, bacon, red bell peppers, mushroom caps, and cherry tomatoes on skewers, alternating ingredients. Place in a shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, mix sweet and sour sauce with reserved pineapple juice. Reserve a small amount for basting. Pour remaining sauce over skewers.
step 3: Lightly oil grill grate. Cook kabobs on preheated grill for 6 to 8 minutes, or until opaque, basting often with reserved sauce.