- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
step 1: In a medium saucepan, combine the kidney beans, salt, chili powder and pepper. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
step 2: To assemble the haystacks put a hand full of corn chips on a plate, follow with a spoonful of heated bean mixture, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions, olives, carrot, and cheddar cheese. Top with salsa and sour cream.