Heartland Vegetable Bake Recipe
- 3 cups coarsely chopped red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: MICROWAVE potatoes and water in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100 percent) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with frozen vegetables.
step 3: MELT 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
step 4: MICROWAVE remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100 percent) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in breadcrumbs until combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
step 5: BAKE for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.