Heartwarming Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions and/or hot pepper slices, optional
step 1: In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef, pork, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
step 2: Add the water, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, green onions and/or hot peppers if desired.