Hearty Corn and Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 5 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, or to taste
step 1: Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir leeks and carrots in hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
step 2: Stir chicken broth into leek mixture; bring to a boil. Add potatoes, salt, cloves, and pepper; boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
step 3: Pour pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Stir 1 cup of broth and potatoes mixture into pumpkin.
step 4: Pour pumpkin mixture, corn, and milk into chicken broth mixture in the large pot. Stir to combine and simmer until heated through and flavors blend, at least 5 minutes. Sprinkle individual servings with parsley.