Hearty Eight-Layer Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked small shell macaroni
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned hard salami
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
step 1: Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
step 2: Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with macaroni and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with ham, salami and peas.
step 3: Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.