Hearty Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
step 1: In a large pot combine tomatoes, garlic, carrots, bell peppers, celery, onion, parsley, oregano, olive oil and salt. Bring to a boil.
step 2: Reduce heat and simmer on medium heat for 1 hour.