Hearty Meatball Soup II Recipe
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
step 1: In a large pot over medium high heat, combine the onion soup mix, carrots and water and bring to a boil, cooking until carrots are tender. Add the tomatoes, green beans, chicken broth and mixed vegetables, and simmer for 15 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Roll into tiny, bite size meatballs and add to the soup.
step 3: Simmer for another 20 minutes, then add the pasta. Simmer for another 15 minutes, or until meatballs and pasta are fully cooked.