Herbal Shrimp Delight with Beer Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup Mexican beer
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a medium bowl, toss together basil, oregano, parsley, spinach, romaine lettuce, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and white wine.
step 2: In a small bowl, blend the flour and water to a paste.
step 3: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, and saute the onion, green onion, and garlic 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in the tomato. Reduce heat to low, and blend in the flour and water. Cook and stir until thickened. Mix in the beer and lime juice, season with salt and pepper, and simmer while cooking the shrimp.
step 4: Heat remaining olive oil in a separate medium saucepan. Saute the shrimp about 3 minutes on each side, until opaque.
step 5: Remove shrimp from heat, and finely chop while warm. Serve over the herb and greens mixture, and drizzle with beer sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.