Herbed White Bean Spread on Garlic Toasted Bruschetta Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 slices French baguette, 1-inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, halved
step 1: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Add the green onion, garlic and sage and cook for about 2 minutes. Add beans, water and chicken granules and continue to cook until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes, then add the cheese. Cool to room temperature. Place bean mixture in a food processor and process until smooth.
step 2: Rub the bread on both sides with the cut side of garlic, and then brush lightly with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet and place under broiler for about 1 minute or until golden on one side and turn for another minute. Place about 2 tablespoons of spread on each slice.