Holy Smoked Bacon and Mushroom Penne Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped smoked bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the penne pasta and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pot, and cook until pasta is almost tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
step 2: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, for a couple of minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften.
step 3: Pour in the chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta to the pan, and stir until coated. Simmer uncovered until the sauce has reduced to just a few teaspoons in the bottom. Place generous servings onto plates, and top with Parmesan cheese.