Homemade Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Recipe
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 6 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (6 fluid ounce) container liquid fruit pectin
- 5 drops green food coloring (optional)
step 1: Combine the bell peppers, chile peppers, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne pepper in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. When the mixture comes to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stir in the pectin. Cook for 5 more minutes at a boil, then remove from the heat. Stir in the green food coloring, if desired.
step 2: Ladle jelly into hot sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process jars in a boiling water bath for 5 to 10 minutes to ensure a good seal.