Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup minced onion
- ⅛ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
step 2: Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
step 4: In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish; layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce; repeat layers.
step 5: Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.