Hot Clam Dip IV Recipe
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, slowly cook and stir the clams and lemon juice approximately 15 minutes
step 3: In a separate medium saucepan over medium low heat, mix butter, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, hot pepper sauce and crushed red pepper. Slowly cook and stir until tender, about 15 minutes.
step 4: Transfer the clam mixture and the butter mixture to an 8x8 inch baking dish. Mix in the seasoned bread crumbs. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.