Hot Crab Dip I Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Combine the cream cheese, milk, mayonnaise, horseradish, crab meat and Old Bay Seasoning (TM). Mix until creamy. Spread mixture into an 8x12 inch baking dish, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
step 3: Cut a circle out of the top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Tear the inside into pieces for dipping.
step 4: Remove mixture from oven and spoon into hollowed bread. Cover the top with the shredded cheese and more seasoning. Place the bread bowl on a medium baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot with bread pieces on the side.