Hot Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 (10 ounce) packages baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups toasted, chopped pecans
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
step 1: In a large bowl, arrange spinach and red onion slices and top with toasted pecans and crumbled blue cheese.
step 2: In a small saucepan, warm the garlic in the olive oil to allow its flavor to diffuse into the oil. Then add molasses, vinegar and pepper. Whisking constantly, bring almost to a boil, remove from heat and cool until just warm. Pour into a shakeable container, shake and pour over salad. Serve immediately.