Hot and Sour Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head bok choy, shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
step 1: Combine bok choy, red bell pepper, and scallions in a large bowl.
step 2: In a smaller bowl, whisk together red pepper flakes (or chile paste), mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, and oil.
step 3: Pour this spicy dressing over the chopped vegetables, and toss well. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then toss again. Taste salad, and add more chile paste, salt, or sugar to taste before serving.