Hot and Spicy Sausage Sauce over Linguini Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage links, casings removed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can pasta-ready chunky tomatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) package BUITONI® refrigerated Linguine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: HEAT oil in large skillet. Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Drain.
step 2: ADD bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
step 3: PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
step 4: FOR FREEZE AHEAD: PREPARE as above; do not prepare pasta. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
step 5: HEAT in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
step 6: PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese.