Huevos Rancheros - Traditional Style Recipe
- 10 fried or poached eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small sliced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Garden Style Salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 package (10) ORTEGA® Tostada Shells, warmed
- 1 cup SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
step 1: HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and onion is slightly golden. Add salsa and chiles. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
step 2: TOP each tostada shell with 1/3 cup sauce, 1 egg and cheese.