Ice Cream Sundae Pie Recipe
- 1 cup finely crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix together chocolate wafer crumbs, chopped walnuts, and softened butter until thoroughly combined. Press mixture firmly into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Refrigerate until well chilled.
step 3: In a medium bowl, whip together whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Spread half of ice cream into bottom of crust. Cover with strawberries, then cover strawberries with remaining ice cream. Spread whipped cream over ice cream, and garnish with walnut halves. Freeze for 2 hours before serving. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.