Indian Peanut Stew Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chunky natural peanut butter
step 1: Place rice and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and water has absorbed, about 30 minutes.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, and cook until soft and golden, stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, and season with cayenne pepper. Increase heat to medium, and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in peanut butter and heat through. The mixture will thicken. Serve over rice.