Indian Style Chicken Breasts with Vegetables Recipe
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut in thin strips
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garam Masala, divided
- fresh cilantro
step 1: Remove excess fat from chicken; rinse and pat dry. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken, skin-side-down, 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken; add onion. Cook and stir onions 3 to 4 minutes longer.
step 2: Add tomatoes, carrot, garlic salt and water (push carrot down into cooking liquid). Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala over all; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
step 3: Remove chicken to serving plate (cover with foil to keep warm). Add remaining garam masala to skillet mixture; bring to boil. Cook, stirring, 2-4 minutes to reduce liquid and thicken vegetable mixture. Spoon over chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with cooked rice, if desired.