Instant Vegetable Patties Recipe
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 fresh green chile peppers
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
step 3: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat oil and add cumin seeds. As they begin to sputter add turmeric and coriander, then potatoes, peas and green chile peppers. Stir in salt and chili powder; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
step 4: Roll out crescent dough; fill each roll with potato mixture and form into patties.
step 5: Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until evenly browned.