Iowa Pork Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork steaks
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steaks for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. While browning, season both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Transfer steaks to a 9x13 inch casserole dish, and sprinkle with chopped onion and sliced mushrooms.
step 3: In a small bowl, combine condensed mushroom soup, water, onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until smooth, and pour over steaks. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes.