Italian Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) package process sharp cheddar cheese singles
step 1: In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, parsley, garlic salt and pepper, and simmer over low heat for 3 hours.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 3: In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine noodles and meat mixture. Top with cheese slices and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.