Italian Garden Style Grilled Turkey Kabobs Recipe
- PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh turkey tenderloins, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen asparagus cuts, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
step 1: For outdoor grilling, lightly spray unheated grill rack with cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium direct heat cooking.
step 2: Thread turkey on skewers leaving a little space between pieces. Place kabobs on rack over medium hot grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until meat is no longer pink, turn frequently for even cooking and browning.
step 3: Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic and cook 4 minutes or until onions are translucent, stirring frequently. Combine chicken broth and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Add to vegetables in skillet and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add asparagus, oregano, salt, and pepper, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add tomatoes and parsley.
step 4: Serve kabobs with sauce spooned over all.