Italian Leafy Green Salad Recipe
- 2 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
- 1 cup torn escarole
- 1 cup torn radicchio
- 1 cup torn red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced in rings
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large bowl, combine the romaine, escarole, radicchio, red-leaf, scallions, red pepper, green pepper and cherry tomatoes.
step 2: Whisk together the grapeseed oil, basil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Pour over salad, toss and serve immediately.