Italian Marinated Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 pound medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound fresh mussels
- 1/4 pound calamari rings
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- freshly ground pepper to taste
step 1: Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Cook scallops, shrimp, mussels, and calamari in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain. Peel the shrimp, and shell the scallops and mussels.
step 2: Place cooked seafood and olives in a large bowl, and toss with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, parsley, chives, and red pepper flakes. Chill for 1 hour.
step 3: Divide salad greens onto 6 plates or salad bowls. Spoon seafood over greens. Garnish with slices of lemon and red onions. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.