Italian Style Brunch Cakes Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian-style seasoning
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni sausage
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
step 1: In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cheese, Italian-style seasoning, red bell pepper, pepperoni, green onion, tomatoes and green bell pepper.
step 2: In a separate bowl, stir together pizza sauce, milk, sour cream and eggs. Stir egg mixture into flour/vegetable mixture until all flour is moistened.
step 3: Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Spoon the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1 tablespoon for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.