Italian Wedding Cookies III Recipe
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups finely ground almonds
- 4 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
step 2: Cream butter or margarine in a bowl, gradually add confectioners' sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy. Add almonds and vanilla. Blend in flour gradually and mix well.
step 3: Shape into balls (or crescents) using about 1 teaspoon for each cookie. Place on ungreased cookie sheets, and bake for 15-20 min. Do not brown. Cool slightly, then roll in the extra confectioners' sugar.