Jacob's Coat Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 1/2 pound processed cheese food, sliced
- 4 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned. Drain excess fat and place this mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 3: Layer the green beans, carrots, corn and peas over the beef mixture. Place the cheese over the vegetables.
step 4: Prepare the potatoes according to package directions, but add some extra milk or water to make it a little runny. Cover the entire casserole with the potatoes.
step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until potatoes get slightly crusty and the sides of the dish are bubbly.