Jalapeno Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
step 1: In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic and green onions.
step 2: Fill wonton wrappers with approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture each. Fold wrappers into triangles and press the edges with a moistened fork to seal.
step 3: In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Drop 4 wontons at a time into the oil and quickly fry, turning once. Remove when golden brown and drain on paper towels.