Jambalaya I Recipe
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup converted long-grain white rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
step 1: In a slow cooker combine and thoroughly mix the ham, onions, celery, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, thyme leaves, cloves, salad oil and rice. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
step 2: One hour before serving, turn slow cooker to high. Stir in the uncooked shrimp. Cover and cook until the shrimp are pink and tender.