Jane's Ham Puffs Recipe
- 1 ½ cups chopped cooked ham
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ½ cup crushed buttery round crackers
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (1 ounce) packet mushroom sauce mix
step 1: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease six (6 ounce) ramekins.
step 2: In a medium bowl, toss together the ham, Cheddar cheese, bell pepper, and onion. Stir in the milk, cracker crumbs, and egg yolks. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff. Fold into the ham and cheese mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
step 3: Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and golden. Prepare the mushroom sauce according to package directions.
step 4: When the puffs are done, turn them out onto serving plates, and top with mushroom sauce.