Janet's Appetizer Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crabmeat (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 (1 pound) loaf sliced pumpernickel party bread
- lemon pepper to taste
step 1: Preheat your oven's broiler.
step 2: In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, onion, cheddar, crabmeat, mustard, and garlic powder.
step 3: Arrange bread slices on a cookie sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each slice. Sprinkle the bread slice liberally with lemon pepper spice (this is the key ingredient, so don't be shy with the spice!).
step 4: Broil for less than two minutes.