Japanese-Style Deep Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- oil for frying
step 1: In a large bowl, mix together eggs, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, and bouillon. Add chicken pieces, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
step 2: Remove bowl from refrigerator, add potato starch and rice flour to meat, and mix well.
step 3: In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place chicken in hot oil, and fry until golden brown. Cook meat in batches to maintain oil temperature. Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve hot.