Japanese Beef and Noodles Big Bowl Recipe
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 8 cups fat-free beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 8 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into 2x1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 4 cups hot cooked soba (buckwheat noodles) or angel hair pasta (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
step 1: Beat egg whites and egg at medium speed of a mixer 1 minute; set aside.
step 2: Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add beef and onions, and simmer 1 minute. Add egg mixture without stirring; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and gently stir. Place 1 cup of noodles in each of 4 large soup bowls, and add 2 cups of beef mixture and 1/2 cup sprouts.